This mask uses SILVADUR™ antimicrobial technology, which "is a polymer-containing silver-technology that delivers silver ions when organisms land or form on a treated fabric. These ions continually release to safely kill microbes that cause odor and material degradation".
This fabric has been tested on organisms such as: Escherichia coli ATCC 8099, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538 and Candida albicans ATCC 10231 and was 99.9% effective against those bacteria. Tests were independently performed by the International Antimicrobial Council. Due to the novelty of COVID-19, this fabric has not been tested against the virus.
- Antibacterial Cotton + SILVADUR™
- -Effects of antibacterial capabilities still 99% after 50 washes
- -Intelligent control of silver release
- Odor Control
- Soft and Breathable
- Durable and Lasting
- Resilient Elastic Ear Loops
Trallure Antibacterial Travel Mask (Adults)
SILVADUR™ IS EFFECTIVE BECAUSE
- Silver ions (Ag+) are a natural and trusted antimicrobial agent used for more than 2,000 years
- The product provides reliable and durable antimicrobial protection against bacteria prevalent on textile surfaces
- It is retained longer on fabric substrates, providing a longer garment life
- The antimicrobial technology requires less silver to deliver high performance on a variety of fabric surfaces
SILVADUR™ GOES AWAY BECAUSE
- It uses silver ions (Ag+) rather than silver particles
- The product relies on bound silver so no free silver is released into the environment
- Polymers adhere inherently to fiber surfaces, providing long lasting antimicrobial protection on fabrics
- It is recyclable and reusable during processing applications due to its inherent UV stability and water solubility
SILVADUR™ DOES NO HARM BECAUSE
The proprietary SILVADUR™ antimicrobial technology releases silver ions only when they are needed, ensuring that more active material remains bound to the textile surface for long term antimicrobial protection. As a result, both garment turnover and the amount of silver released into the environment are reduced.
- It is formulated to provide a low concentration of free silver ions and creates no build-up of free silver, preventing discoloration and facilitating long lasting antimicrobial performance
- Articles treated with SILVADUR™ antimicrobial are non-toxic, non-sensitizing, and non-irritating to human skin
- The enhanced freshness that SILVADUR™ long lasting antimicrobial provides means fewer washings are required, which benefits consumer and the environment alike
SILVADUR™ HAS NO REPERCUSSION ON HUMAN HEALTH BECAUSE
SILVADUR™ antimicrobial has been assessed as harmless to human health and added to the list of active chemical products approved by the International Oeko-Tex® Association. It is registered with the U.S. EPA and its active ingredient is notified and supported under the EU Biocidal Products Registry (BPR). In addition, SILVADUR™ antimicrobial technology is registered to meet REACH requirements in the European Union.